(Hello Vegetables is currently on hiatus, but here’s where I was coming from.)
- Hello Vegetables is a personal, not-for-profit, me-spending-money-to-promote-good-music operation.
- I desperately want to turn you on to great music. There is a lot of beauty in the world and I want to shine a light on it as best I can.
- I sincerely believe that I am doing artists and labels a good turn by doing promoting their music in this way, and my experience thus far has borne this out. However, if you’re an artist or label and don’t agree, please contact me and I’ll remove any music immediately.
- Great music isn’t just new music. I post older music as well. Somewhere out there are kids who’ve never heard The Birthday Party or Loretta Lynn. If I can be the person who lets them know, my time on Earth has not been wasted.
- There are plenty of places to go if you want to find out whom Billy Corgan put down, or what band had a meltdown onstage in Barcelona last night. I try to keep it to the music as much as possible.
- Nickelback is as important to some people as the Velvet Underground or James Brown are to others, so I’ll focus my energy on the positive. If I like it, I’ll write about it. If not, I won’t. (I might say something out loud, though.)
- Music is great! I love you!